Hales Passage Scandinavian Lutheran Cemetery Association
Proposed Annual Meeting Agenda/Notes
Compiled May 16th
No in-person meeting held due to social distancing requirements associated with Covid-19 Virus
Call to Order NA
Read and Approval of Minutes to previous Membership and Board Meetings NA
Treasurers Report from 2019
State Tax 7.96
Williams Tree 647.40
Donations - $1635.00
Sale of 10 Plots $4000.00
Interment Fees (5) $250.00
Checking Balance $19,963.78
CD Balance $13290.20
Acknowledging those who passed away during the year
Michael Brent Fanta 2403 cr
7 Dec 1951, Jamestown, ND 18 June 2019, Gig Harbor, WA
Mary Louise Denny 354 cr
3 April 1941, Tacoma, WA 6 March 2019, Gig Harbor, WA
Dylan Alexander Dominowski 2288 cr
1 March 1977, Ipswich, England 30 Sept 2019, Gig Harbor, WA
Danny Harold Meyer 2328
7 Feb 1946, Madison SD 16 Dec 2019, Tacoma, WA
Bob Lee Miller 2387
12 Dec 1947, Everett, WA 31 Jan 2020
• Round 2 of installation of 10 markers for unmarked graves was completed in June.: Volunteers were: Laurie Dahl Isacson, Ben Pearson, Doug & Eric Holsinger, Margaret Ellingson, Cheryl Rogers and Dave Rogers. Stones were 12' x 12' x 4'. The cost was covered by donations. New markers were for: Lola Mae Berg, Edward Martin Iverson, Baby Boy Larson, Melcer Bernard Larson, Bertha Kavli Larson, Delbert Larson, Marion Donna Mae Larson, Melvin Bernard Larson, Baby Boy Marzan and Carl Vernon Mattson.
• Thank you to the 30+ people who showed up for the social distanced work party. A lot of work was completed in a couple of hours. It was great to see so many new folks who joined.
• Un-Marked Graves: Final Group - The Board approved ordering markers for the last 8 remaining unmarked graves. These will be funded by donations. Laurie will plan with Premier Memorial once she is able to have a meeting with them, probably June. The final ones will include: Fritz Berntsen, Elizabeth Berntsen, Baby Girl Thurston, Lillian Emilia Thurston, Bert Henry Florte, Baby Boy Hansen, Carolyn Stalwick and Anna Carlson. Installation will be done later in the summer.
(This will be transferred to the summer of 2021)
• Broken Faucets Thank you to John who fixed several broken faucets and pipes. It seems that we have had a run of piping problems.
• Maps Ben created new map (2020 N/S Fence) that goes fence to fence (north to south) along the road. This has 10 rows to the west for future needs. A new numbering system was created that was consistent.
The plots in the 1989 Fritz Berntsen Survey (SE of Old Area) should all have a 0 preceding the plot number Ex 318 should be 0318. This will distinguish plots from new 2020 N/S Fence map
Laurie updated the records to reflect the new plot numbers.
• Dirt Pile Nate is in conversation with Haven of Rest as to the dirt pile left by the grave digging contractor. Apparently, HR now subs this work out rather than using their own staff., HR will contact the sub and let them know that leaving dirt is not acceptable.
• Annual Meeting/Potluck In keeping with Governor Inslees Covid-19 Social Distancing mandate the Board decided to cancel the annual meeting\/ potluck for this year. Current officers will have their term extended for one year. Voting for officers will resume next year.
• Annual Work Party Governor Inslee extended the 'Stay Home' mandate until May 4. The Board decided to have the work party with staggered times and a mandate for social distancing. Folks were encouraged to come at other times. Gates would be open, and water would be on. No coffee was served at the gate.
• Banking Donna went to Colombia Bank to inquire if there was any way we could make more money with that which we have in the checking account. She was told 'the money is as good in a checking account as a CD. Both places are insured. The interest rate for a CD is .01%'. No, that was not a typo, .01% is the going rate.
• Investing the Board approved Ben to establish an account with Fidelity Investments. Ben has had an account with this company and has had positive success over the years. The account would be set up as Hales Passage Scandinavian Lutheran Cemetery Investment Fund. Ben and Laurie would both have their names on the account.
the initial investment would be $15,000 from the checking account.
Laurie Dahl Isacson
Back to the Cromwell Cemetery Assn page